With St Patrick’s Day this Friday the 17th, we thought it would be fun to give a few green foodie creations to celebrate with neighbors, friends and family!
It must start with…
Homemade Green Beer
Add a colorful touch to your St. Patrick’s Day celebration by making green beer.
Place 2 drops of green liquid food coloring in the bottom of a beer mug or glass.
Add your favorite beer. No stirring needed. Green beer. Two drops seemed to be the right amount to get a nice olive-green sort of color. Three drops resulted in more of a kelly green shade.
What goes well with beer?
Well, lot’s of things! How about a batch of homemade yummy Fried Green Beans!
Fried Green Beans with Spicy Dipping Sauce
Vegetable oil, for frying
1 cup beer
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
1 pound green beans (if frozen, thaw them out)
Preheat oil to 375 degrees F.
Dip green beans into batter to coat, letting excess drip off. Fry in the oil in batches, until they are golden and crisp. Remove from oil to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
1 cup mayonnaise
2 1/2 tablespoons sirachi chili sauce
6 green onions, whites only, coarsely chopped
4 garlic, coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
Place ingredients in blender or food processor and mix til smooth.
OK, what about something sweet?
St Patty’s Green Rice Krispies
What you need:
6 cups Rice Krispies
1⁄4 cup margarine
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄2-1 teaspoon green food coloring
1 (10 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- Line a 13x9x2 baking pan with foil, lightly spray with Pam cooking spray or butter.
- Melt margarine in a large pot on low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla extract and food colouring stir until smooth.
- Add cereal quickly to the melted marshmallow mixture, stir until well coated.
- Press into the ready greased baking pan with a buttered spatula. Set aside and cool.
- Cut into bars or you can use a shamrock cookie cutter.
Have a fun and safe St Patrick’s Day! Send us your fun pictures and tag if you create any of these yummy treats!
Your Real Estate Nation Team